Meet Chad Holderbaum
Chad grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where he was a three-sport athlete competing in hockey, track and cross-country. Chad graduated from Robert Morris University with a degree in Information Science and currently resides in North Huntingdon, PA.
After graduation in 2004, Chad purchased his first triathlon bike, learned to swim and entered a full Ironman later that summer. From that moment on, he caught the “Anything is Possible” spirit of Ironman and hasn’t looked back. Since Chad’s first Ironman in 2004, he has competed in over thirty full Ironman races throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Chad continued to progress through the sport of Ironman as an age-group athlete capturing top podium finishes in races and age-group wins at multiple Ironman and 70.3 Ironman events including four qualifications for the prestigious Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
In 2013, he turned professional and successfully transitioned from amateur racing to professional racing. Since 2014, highlights have included six top ten overall finishes at Ironman events including races in Chattanooga, Lake Placid, Mont-Tremblant and Atlantic City. In August 2017, Chad had another breakthrough race by finishing fourth place overall and first place American at Ironman Mont-Tremblant in Quebec, Canada.
In addition to competing at the highest level of the sport, Chad gives back to the triathlon community by coaching the “Project 942 Racing Team” which houses a roster of approximately fifteen amateur and elite amateur triathletes and is one of the founders of the Pittsburgh Triathlon Club.
On a professional level, I graduated with honors from Robert Morris University with a degree in Information Science. I approach coaching from a quantitative standpoint and believe that performance can be optimized, improved and measured through technology. Certified as a USA Triathlon Coach through the USA governing body, USAT, I have been trained by some of the best coaches in the world and also hold a USA Triathlon Elite/Pro Card.
- 2017 Ironman Mont-Tremblant: 08:56:59, 4th place
- 2014 Challenge Atlantic City: 9:00:13, 6th place
- 2014 Ironman Chattanooga: 8:30:47, 7th place
- 2016 Ironman Chattanooga 8:54:24, 9th place
- 2016 Ironman Mont-Tremblant: 9:11:58, 9th place
- 2017 Ironman Lake Placid: 09:12:55, 9th place
- 2014 Ironman Texas: 8:44:53, 12th place
- 2013 Ironman Wisconsin: 9:16:33, 12th place
- 2015 Ironman Mont-Tremblant: 9:23:18, 13th place
- 2016 Ironman Arizona: 8:40:43, 19th place
- 2017 North Park Sprint Triathlon: 1st place
- 2016 Mighty Moraine Man Half Iron: 1ST place
- 2016 American Triple T Triathlon Festival (Ohio): 1st place
- 2014 Pittsburgh Triathlon: 1st place
- 2015 Pittsburgh Triathlon: 2ND place