Meet Chad Holderbaum
Meet the Coach
My first experience with Triathlon was in 2003 but I’ve been competing in athletics ever since a early age. I feel in love with the sport of running also at an early age and have been running competitively since the age of 14. As an triathlete, I’ve spent a considerable amount of time training and racing the Ironman and 70.3 Ironman circuit which has resulted in podium finishes around the country. As a coach, I have an excellent knowledge base to offer my athletes and racing experience from an elite level to back it up. I also strive to personally be an ambassador to the sport of Triathlon in the local Pittsburgh community. I am one of the founding members of the Pittsburgh Triathlon Club and am currently President of the club. Through the club I take a big part in helping foster the growth of multisport in the Greater Pittsburgh Area, by supplying an open, supportive, educational and healthy competitive environment, and bringing together triathletes of all skill levels, and capabilities.
On a professional level, I graduated with honors from Robert Morris University with a degree in Information Science. I approach coaching from a quantitative standpoint and believe that performance can be optimized, improved and measured through technology. Certified as a USA Triathlon Coach through the USA governing body, USAT, I have been trained by some of the best coaches in the world and also hold a USAT Elite/Pro Card.
- 8:30:47 Finish at 2014 Ironman Chattanooga (7th OA)
- 9:00:14 Finish at 2014 Challenge Atlantic City (6th OA)
- 8:31:59 Finish at 2013 Ironman Florida
- 8:44:53 Finish and 12th place OA at Ironman Texas 2014
- 2011 Musselman Half Iron Distance Champion
- 2011 Pittsburgh Triathlon Champion
- 12th Place Overall at 2012 Ironman CdA (2nd Amateur)
- 4x Ironman Hawaii Finisher and 9:17 Kona PR
- 4x Ironman 70.3 Worlds Finisher and 4:00 Half Iron PR
- Over 50 triathlons raced which include 18 Ironman’s and 30+ Half Ironman’s